I decided to take the Monster Girl Challenge! However, rather than draw one monster girl a day, I did them all in one batch and got them finished in less than a week, becauser I am insane. Since this was a for fun project, I only did flat colors (shading kills my joy). And like most for fun projects, I found myself taking aspects of it more seriously than I intended.
To keep from totally dominating your inbox, I'm splitting these girls into groups. Here are entries 6 through 10!
Without further ado, the monster girls:
6. Spider - I don't know about you, but I've seen a lot of different female characters in Fantasy/Horror/Sci-Fi stories who go by the name/title of "The Spider Queen" and have the spidertaur/drider body shape this entry implies. I decided to make the title a bit literal, with our spider lady looking very regal and medieval with her little crown and poofy sleeves. This literal Spider Queen, much like the Turtleneck Naga from the last batch, demands to have a role in some story down the line. Maybe Tricksters...
7. Plant - I'm pretty proud of how this one came out. I just think it's very clever.
8. Octomaid - Not so proud of this one, though. For some reason I just couldn't get a clear angle I wanted to exploit on the Octomaid, and the result looks a bit too chaotic. This design just doesn't gel. Could be worse, though.
9. Demon - I decided that I shouldn't draw any more demons, as I would inevitably want to include them in No Sympathies, which has too many already (OR MAYBE NOT ENOUGH!). So for this entry I chose to draw Matilda, with a slight design update. Matilda strikes me as the type of succubus who would wear loose fitting clothing until it literally rots off her.
10. Succubus - Like I said, I do't want to have MORE sexy demon girls running around (well, actually I do, but I don't think I should), so I chose to revisit a No Sympathies character for this entry. And who better to be the Succubus than the most preposterously over-sexualized demon in my menagerie, Gressil? This is the closest you'll ever get me to drawing porn, by the way. THIS IS THE LINE WE DO NOT CROSS.